Ontario Motorcycle Rides
Customized 1981 Yamaha Virago
by Mike Guilbault
(Stoney Creek, ON)
Reaper Rider by MikesGFX
Well I got it in spring of 2003 after about close to 10 years without a bike. It was time to ride and never stop again!!!
I road it for a few years as it was then with all the bike builder TV shows on I got inspired. I had always done my own body work & paint on my cars so I thought what the hell? I can do this. I started in Jan of 2005 and after about 3 months of late nights this is what I created. What do you think?
This is a list of what I designed and built from scratch or modified from original. Front to back
• Moved forks 6" forward
• Front fender, made it hug the tire
• Split tank and made 2x the size
• Seat Pans & back rest.
• moved all electrical from headlight to box on side.
• Made lower frame to mount forward controls.
• Made forward controls including pegs and levers
• Modified exhaust to clear forward controls
• lowered seat by 4" to 6"
• Made rear fender & mounting bracket
• Made Battery and New electrical side boxes
I think that's it but I probably missed a few things.
This is the only one I built I plan on doing another one for myself again. Now I am happy just painting other riders bikes.
Thx MikesGFXMikes GFX
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ontario Motorcycle Rides Bike of the Month!.